Desicon policy on sustainability is not statute driven but derived from the concept that the development of an area of operation invariably aids the development and efficacy of a business. Desicon’s aim is to ensure that all communities in areas of operation receive substantial and sustainable economic and developmental benefits derived from Desicon’s presence.
Desicon consistently seeks to engage with stakeholders in the communities of operation in order to discover and develop on the strengths and opportunities in each community while also promoting skills development. This has beneficial effects on project costs and diminishes the overall risk profile of the project.
Desicon sustainability policy encompasses:
- Job creation
- Small business opportunity
- Skills development
- Proactive community engagement and partnership in project delivery
In line with our sustainability initiative Desicon has undergone projects such as:
- Employment, training and retention of host community workers
- Water project to host communities
- Annual medical drive to provide training for Doctors and Nurses in the Niger Delta (this also included the treatment of over 400 patients
- Sponsor Athletic Federation of Nigeria for nationwide competitions to develop the skill and sportsmanship amongst the Nigerian youths